Wednesday

Bangladesh, Language _ Culture . . . .


From my old boss, to a couple of my friends from high school I have met a couple of people from Bangladesh and for some reason; through conversation I have become more and more interested in their culture.

I love their language!

I would ♥ to learn how to speak it fluently

But of course that would take much time
So im going to start now .

The only thing I know how to say is “Aami Tomake khub Bhalobashi “
Which means [ I love you very Much ] . . .
I learned that from a friend. It took me two seconds to memorize it so memorizing should be easy…understanding is the hard part.

Want To Learn !?

Heres my study guide , that i got off of a website..
Few selected Bangla-English words:

Islamic Expression for Salutation,

1. Assalamu Alaikum: Peace be upon you.

One should say in response,

Waalaikum as-Salam: And on you be peace.

2. Kemon Achhen ? : How are you?

3. Ha: Yes.

4. Naa : No

5. Dam Koto ?: What is the price?

6. Bhalo : Good.

7. Kharap : Bad.

8. Bhara Koto ?: What is the fare?

9. Kom : Less.

10. Beshi : Much.

11. Khub Beshi : Very much (or Very Expensive)

12. Taka : Money (Bangladeshi currency = Taka)

13. Thick Acche : OK.

14. Toilet/Baathroom : Toilet

15. Kub Bhalo : Very good

16. Aponar(tumar) nam ki? : What is your name?

17. Aamar Naam Anis : My Name is Anis

18. Edike Eso: Come here

19. Sheraton Jaabe ? : Will you go to Sheraton?

20. Cholo Jai : Let us go.

21. Kon Dika ?: Which way?

22. Daan dika : To Right

23. Ba Dika : To Left.

24. Dhonnobad: Thank you

25. Sunun : Hello/Excuse me.

26. Bidaaye : Good bye

..

No comments:

Post a Comment